ALL A B C D E F G H I J L M N O P Q R S T U W      Acronyms     Sections

Permits (Parade)

Do I need a permit from DOTD for a parade, trail-ride, marathon, poker run, or border-to-border publicity event?

DOTD does not issue permits for parades or other similar type events, but should be notified if the event involves the closure of a state highway. Approval will be required from the local police agency with authority over the area.

For border-to-border publicity events contact the Louisiana State Police at Such events cannot take place on our Interstate routes.