Contact: (225) 379-1302
Mission of Bridge Design Section
To design and detail bridges and related structures which are cost effective and conform to the current national and state safety standards. Provide quality plans, technical studies, roadside and bridge safety, technical legal support, consultant coordination, mechanical, and electrical plans.
Our current objectives include:
- Provide administrative direction in support of planning and designing a transportation system for optimization
- Optimize the use of federal bridge replacement funds
- Improve safety on state highways and bridges
- Maximize the number of bridge structures having load rating based on the current rating philosophy and expedite super load permit approval process on bridge structures
- Maintain support for other functional units within the department.
- Maintain in-house technical expertise for plan development of bridge structures