U.S. 90 Ramp Improvements
DOTD has four projects planned, two of which are complete, designed to improve traffic flow and increase safety along the U.S. 90 corridor.
US 90B Reconfiguration and Ramp Improvements:
Letting Date: September 2014
Completion Date: January 2016
- Project will reclaim the third U.S. 90 Business through lane.
- The existing Claiborne On-Ramp will be lengthened and modified to improve sight distance.
- With the combination of the improvements, capacity will be increased within the corridor.
- Ramp access closure of W. Stadium Drive and both Claiborne Avenue ramps points. Ramps are anticipated to be closed for 12 months beginning early 2015.
- Advance warning message boards and signage will be provided for all detours.
New Orleans Hospitality Zone Ramp Meters:
Letting Date: August 2014
Estimated Completion Date: March 2016
To see where the ramp meters will be located on U.S. 90 in Orleans Parish, visit: http://1.usa.gov/1nkFZg5.
For more information on DOTD ramp meters and how they work, visit: http://1.usa.gov/1fl4czZ.
US 90Z Pavement Marking Replacement:
Letting Date: January 2015
Completion Date: November 2015
This project replaced retroreflective raised pavement markers and thermoplastic pavement markings along a 10-mile stretch of U.S. 90Z, from Ames Boulevard to I-10, in Jefferson and Orleans parishes.
Toll Booth Removal and Lane Reconfiguration:
Letting Date: February 2016