LA 21 Widening (Bootlegger to 11th) – State Project No. H.001340
Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 3:09:44 PM
COVINGTON, La. – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces an update on the project to widen La. 21 from Bootlegger Road to 11th Avenue in St. Tammany Parish, a $16.8 million capacity improvement project.
- Crews are primarily working on the sidewalk and bridge rail on the northbound bridge. All of the bridge deck of the northbound bridge has been poured.
- Crews are also working on the final median configuration (concrete work and curbing).
- Contractor is planning to do a traffic shift soon (no date set as of yet).
- One lane of traffic will shift to both the northbound and southbound lanes of La. 21. The shift is required for the contractor to perform remaining work on median and median incidental pavement. Traffic notice will be disseminated with firm date.
The estimated completion timeframe is projected for late spring 2017, which is subject to change pending weather, change orders and any additional work requests. DOTD project engineers continue to work with the contractor to maintain steady progress and complete construction as efficiently as possible.
- Signal crews have been on-site installing permanent signal poles at signalized intersections.
DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution through the construction zone and be on the lookout for work crews and their equipment.