Customer Service Center requesting that Grand Isle residents verify non-revenue tag eligibility
Contact: Scott Rundellemail@example.com
GOLDEN MEADOW, La.- After hosting two successful events for GeauxPass customers to exchange their large hard-case toll tags for smaller, more secure sticker tags, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces it has scheduled more ‘swap meets’ in Grand Isle on the following dates.
February 23 and March 8, 2017
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
3209 Hwy 1, Grand Isle, La. 70358
March 2, and March 15, 2017
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Grand Isle Multiplex Center
3101 Hwy 1, Grand Isle, La. 70358
Though the majority of tag holders showed up to swap out their hard tags for the stickers, approximately 250 Grand Isle residents have not verified their eligibility to continue utilizing the non-revenue tags to cross the LA 1 toll bridge at no cost. These tags must be updated to continue to cross the bridge for free. To qualify for the Grand Isle resident toll exemption, drivers must show proof of motor vehicle registration in the zip code for Grand Isle, and one of the following.
• Valid Louisiana driver's license
• Proof of homestead exemption
• Voter registration card (Act 826 of 2010, R.S. 47:820.5.6)
The LA 1 toll bridge operates on open road tolling technology allowing drivers with a valid GeauxPass account to use the bridge without stopping at the toll booth. Tolls are collected electronically by overhead vehicle identification sensors.
The GeauxPass Customer Service Center staff in Golden Meadow began transitioning to the newer tags in fall 2016. The technology that allows the older tags to work will be phased out in late spring 2017.
Motorists can open new GeauxPass accounts during each ‘swap meet’ event. To add vehicles to a new GeauxPass account, the following information is needed:
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid credit or bank debit card using AMEX, Visa, MasterCard or Discover
• Vehicle information – Year/Make/Model/Color and License Plate state/number, e.g., 2014/ Ford/Mustang/White/Louisiana ABC123
• Fee of $1.59 for each transponder sticker per vehicle registered to new GeauxPass accounts (anything pulled behind a driven vehicle does not require a sticker, i.e. boats, campers, trailers.)
Motorists may also open a GeauxPass account online at www.geauxpass.com or at the Golden Meadow Customer Service Center, located at 1821 Hwy. 3235. For more information about GeauxPass or the LA 1 toll bridge, visit www.geauxpass.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 662-8987.